Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Deer Camp 2009-----Abby

I need to start this entry with some back story from earlier this year: Several months ago Abby started running a fever.... I kept giving her Tylenol every four hours as instructed on the little bottle and waiting for a runny nose or some other symptoms but there wasn't anything. Well, on about the third day her fever shot up to about 104 so Crea and I took her in to the ER. While in the ER she had a Febrile Seizure. It was the scariest experience we have ever had with our kids. The Doctors and Nurses just said that she must have spiked a fever and that she was fine. I did not feel fine! They ran all kinds of tests and kept her overnight and finally decided that it was just a virus and that she must run high fevers. So now we are very careful to alternate every two hours with meds to keep her fever down...I don't know what we would have done if it had happened at home. Seizures are scary but watching our little Abby have one was a nightmare.

So this year just before deer camp Abby started to run a fever and woke up in the night with the Croup....I hate the croup. We took her in and they gave her a injection of a steroid to relax her airway and that really helped. By the time we got home from the Dr., Hali had started running a fever and that night she had the croup.....FUN! I was not about to take them up to the Mt. in the cold and dirt so I stayed home for the first few days with them. I finally decided to brave it and took them up in the evenings for dinner and then we would head home to bathe and medicate. They had a lot of fun and by the end of the weekend the fevers were gone!


Abby loves Kaylee and will usually go to her before me.

Abby just starting to get good and dirty!

Abby likes to climb....I'm so afraid she is going to break her little neck.

Kindy and Abby just relaxin'

Abby couldn't get enough of Case's truck.
Kindy is such a good helper and Abby loves her.

1 comment:

Matt and Lena said...

So jealous! I miss home this time of year and I really miss Deer Camp. Every year I tell Matt "this is the year I'm taking you to Deer Camp". In the 10 years we have been married, we haven't been once. Even our neighbor up here (Smith's) have made it. Aaauuuggghhh. One of these years, right? BTW you do an awesome, awesome job on your cakes:)