Monday, November 23, 2009

new birthday cakes

Well- here are Kindy and Cash's B-day cakes! Kindy wanted a soccer ball and I thought, "no problem." But then I looked up a picture on the internet and made a pentagon stencil and started marking the fondant....the pentagons didn't fit together right so I kept trying different things all day and then I gave up and did a few black and white and then made the back of the ball a goal. After I was finnished I noticed that there are black pentagons, and the white ones are hexagons....I was ready to scream by that point so I just added the last few things and stepped away from the cake.
Then was Cash's- he wanted a basketball and it was so much better than the soccer ball. No stress, just fun. I added the score board to say the happy bday stuff and his age-11 and had him beating his sister who likes to mother him....I think he liked that.





2 comments:

tenney_fam said...

You made these!!??? They are so awesome. I have no talent at all!

Matt and Lena said...

Awesome soccer ball! They are both great cakes! You are so talented, keep it up!!